Wednesday 13 August 2008

Why we do it!

Whenever I tell anyone what I do, one of the first questions they ask is 'how can you do a job like that? Well, there are loads of reasons to be honest and I'll share some of my thoughts and the thoughts of the rest of the team at Armstrongs on here in time, but I have to say my first answer every time is 'the thank you letters'.

I can't think of any other profession where you receive letters like we do on such a regular basis. It's an honor to be able to help people through one of the hardest times in their lives and while it's not always easy for us too, the letters and cards make it all worthwhile.

Here are a few snippets......


Dear Armstrongs,

A big thank-you to all the team for arranging my late aunts funeral. I couldn't have received better service in an age when courtesy and commitment seem to have gone out of the window. It was something I've dreaded happening but you steered the whole thing through from start to finish with the utmost professionalism. My aunt especially had asked that you did her funeral and she was a very particular person born of an era when standards were expected to be high. I'm delighted to say that you more than fulfilled this.

It was a day when I didn't need anything to go wrong, as although 90 years of age, it was still very sad for us that she had gone. So well done the whole team.

---------

Your men are a credit to your business and your business and yourself are a credit to the trade.

---------

When my father came into your care I felt that both him and the family were treated as though we were your own family. It was very comforting and I thank you for that.

---------

Every aspect of the funeral was handled with impeccable taste and dignity and you really deliver your ‘caring and personal service'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I add that we also get to meet some wonderful people that we would not ordinarily make contact with. We are very privileged in our profession.

Wendy